Friday, August 9, 2013

Is spirituality something special?


Q: Do you think spiritually and spiritual people are something special?

A: No, spirituality is all about leading a completely normal life in tune with our inner Self.  There is nothing special about it.  (Mata Amritanandamayi)


Notes:

But what does it mean by “completely normal life.”  One way of looking at it is doing whatever every human being is doing in the normal course of life, but doing it with a different consciousness in harmony with the inner self.  The other way is the Indian spiritual conception of normality.  In this perspective our present ego-centric existence is a state of insanity, madness, abnormality and living in our false self.  Spirituality is the path for rediscovering our true self, become what we are in our essence and recover our perfect sanity and normality in a state of Sahaja, which means effortless case, freedom and joy of living.  So if one says I am not interested in spirituality, he is telling I don’t want to recover my sanity in my soul and remain in a state of madness in my ego.  Can there be a greater madness than this?  When someone said to Osho, “I agree I am ignorant and a little mad.  But I am happy” he replied, “You are telling I am happy with my ignorance and madness.  Your happiness is the happiness of a pig wallowing in its own filth.  You will become a little more wise if you become unhappy with your piggish happiness.”  So brutally true.

No comments:

Post a Comment