Saturday, August 21, 2010

Change Agent

For a long time I'm already considering myself to be a change agent, whereby the focus in the recent past has been to be a corporate change agent. Now that I'm embarking on my new mission around sustainability and Gaia, I had - at least for a while - dropped this perception and hence stopped calling myself a change agent. Nevertheless, during a conversation with my wife whilst walking the dogs we actually spoke about the impact that I might want to have and she said that I might not be happy with only changing companies anymore, meaning that I would now seek to do something bigger, trying to change the behaviour of corporate leaders and beyond in order to achieve the worldshift that is required to create a sustainable future for our planet , the people (individuals and society) and profit (business continuity). So untimately I come to the conclusion that I will remain being a change agent, but now with an ever increasing scope of what I'm trying to change.
I started of as an mechanical engineer, which means designing, building and improving mechanical structures. Then I have applied this mission to the corporate world by helping to design, build and improve businesses. As a coach I'm able to help individuals creating insight, awareness and consciousness, which seem to be the ultimate personal drivers for change. Now I seem to make the next step, focussing on the next, bigger target which apparently is to help designing, building and improving our approach towards a more sustainable Gaia.

No comments:

Post a Comment